Saw your patch.
Can u check if this truly works?
Codec Engine Arm-side needs a bunch of "meta data" to function
properly. For example it needs the info.js files as per
And these need to be in a "relative" location w.r.t. the .x64P
I'm wondering if the only reason your patch works is that its already finding
the .x64P elsewhere via the XDCPATH?
Can u dbl-check this?
> (enter your response here)
>> (enter your response here)
This patch looks like a good start, but I agree that using an environment
variable in the .cfg file would be a better way to do this. Would you be
willing to try this out and provide an updated patch.
I tested this on beagleboard with Angstrom 2009/Stable and it works.
This is how I tested. Before my changes I couldn't run my app anywhere
else other than /usr/share/ti-codec-combos.
I then applied my changes and after that I could run it from anywhere.
I had seen the page you mentioned (that is where I got the fix from).
As far as I understood it says that info.js files are required at
build time. It doesn't info.js files are required during runtime.
The contents of the info.js files are configuration info and memory
map which are used only during builds,
Moreover my target doesnt have any *.js files.
The only platform I have is beagleboard. So I can't test it elsewhere.
Will it be useful if I send you my patches and steps for beagleboard?
And also I dont have XDCPATH. Again this is for build environment, right?
I can try that. But I will need some time becuase I am now switching between
different tasks and I need to finish other stuff first.
The patch "codec_combo_directory_env_var.patch" uses
environment variables for configuring gst codec engine for the encode and decode
combos. It worked on my Angstrom build for Beagleboard. I haven't tested it
So all you need is to define these 2 before building gst.
export TI_DECODE_COMBO_PATH =
export TI_ENCODE_COMBO_PATH =
Thanks for patch, this looks very good. Only a minor comment:
It would be nice if we check whether TI_DECODE_COMBO_PATH is defined before we
set encodeEngine.server or decodeEngine.server. In this way we don't need to
make any changes in existing main gstreamer project build. The changes will be
completely transparent to user (or build system).
So the idea is: if OE (or Arago) recipe sets this env during build time then we
will pickup combo from hard-coded location otherwise look for combo in typical
I am bit not sure what will happen if we dont set this env variable. Where
exactly it will look for combo coz in that case encodeEngine.server or
decodeEngine.server will be set to NULL.
I didn't think of this case.
In the current patch, if the vars are null, then it will not work at all (since
the VAR sets the complete path of the combo file).
So your suggestion solves both the cases. Skip setting the *engine.server when
the vars are null. This will default to current directory and existing setups
will work transparently.
Please submit updated patch and will integrate in mainline.
Please find updated patch
Sorry for the delay.
I have tested for omap(beagleboard) only. Tested with both VARs defined and
undefined. When undefined it falls back to old behaviour.
Two unwanted files were uploaded. Is there a way to delete them.
codec_combo_directory_env_var.patch 2508 bytes
codec_combo_directory_env_var_check.patch 0 bytes
Thanks a lot for patch. I've deleted unwanted files. Patch looks very clean .