Android on OMAP
Instructions on using Lauterbach Trace32 for debugging on Zoom2
- Install Lauterbach Trace 32 software on your PC (we used the Oct 10 2008 release as shown by below screenshot) and connect emulator cable to J5 (20 pin header) on Zoom2 debug board and power the emulator and connect USB cable from the emulator to your PC.
- Run zoom2_startup.cmm script to select your target as OMAP3430 and attach from File -> Run Batchfile. If you don’t run the script some of the settings will have to be manually selected from CPU -> System Settings.
- Ensure that the emulator is “running” by the green status indicator (seen at the bottom of the below screenshot) before exercising your use cases that need to be debugged.
- Run your use cases (ex: audio/video playback)
- Halt the processor by clicking on the “pause” button and view registers (View -> Registers), list source (View -> List Source) etc.
- Make sure to load symbols for files you’re interesting in debugging and set source path recursively for source code correlation to work correctly. Also you may have to ensure that options such as –g is added during compiling your code to generate symbolic debugging directives and also in some instances consider reducing the level of optimization used as the compiler will re-arrange instructions so it maybe difficult to match the order of execution in the source code.
- Examples of setting the source search path and loading symbols:
data.load.elf V:\mydroid\kernel\vmlinux /nocode
- These commands can be directly entered from either the debugger command prompt or by using a *.cmm script.
- For user space debugging T32 needs some help as it needs to be told where some of the modules you're interested in debugging are loaded. To do this you will have to run "ps" on the the target and get PIDs for the application.
Then run "cat /proc/PID/maps > logfile" where PID is the process ID retrieved from "ps" in the above step. There is an avplayback_symbols.cmm file attached that exhibits how to do this. Below screenshot demonstrates being halted in user space during running of an AV playback use case.
|Item ID||Associated Item||Comment|
|No Associated Items Found|